A runners perspective


I hope this blog is of use/interest to walkers, runners and cyclists living in or intending to visit Scotland. Most of my entries below are described as long-distance runs - just because that's currently what I enjoy doing...

Wednesday 14 June 2023

CW-LE: Alston

Another hot day (hottest yet, 27degC) walking to Bellingham but there was a nice breeze on moors - baking by the time I was in town where I arrived 2pm, no point in putting tent up (the sun's bad for it) and so sat outside the Rose & Crown and drank beer and chatted with others enjoying the foreign-import weather.

Ended up cooking at campsite, got laundry done, early night.  Cold morning!  Midgies biting so packed quick, walked to co-op for still-warm chocolate croissant and maple & pecan pastry breakfast!  Was nice to be back on Pennine Way, memories from 7 years ago
Long day in heat, was struggling until Hadrian's Wall but the up-and-downs suited me and I felt energised!  Water tap at carpark by Cawfield's Quarry still there, thank God.  Eventually got to Holmhead where I was booked to camp.
Shower was cold - no complaints today.  Then down to Greenhead Inn for the best food of the trip yet...

Was walking by 8, honesty box flapjack for brekkie, then off up Blenkinsopp Moor and on to Slaggyford, eventually Alston 2pm and so glad to arrive to this at Cumberland inn...

No comments:

Post a Comment