A runners perspective


I hope this blog is of use/interest to walkers, runners and cyclists living in or intending to visit Scotland. Most of my entries below are described as long-distance runs - just because that's currently what I enjoy doing...

Friday 16 June 2023

CW-LE: Middleton-in-Teesdale

Still buzzing from a surprise visit from Lyndsay and Linda (cousin & aunt) I left Alston following Pennine Way down to Garrigill on what felt like the hottest morning yet.  So chose to stick to PW and go to high ground over Cross Fell etc to Dufton, averaging faster than 3mph because I'd unfortunately put myself under pressure by booking a table for 6pm at the Stag Inn.  Ended up arriving about 2.30pm because I was enjoying myself and wanted to get tent up & showered then into cool of pub that open at 4pm.  Another lovely place, pub and meal.
Then another 20+mile day up to High cup Nick, Caudron Snout waterfall and down by the beautiful River Tees to Middleton.

Glad I got there fairly early as the heat whilst walking to co-op at 4pm to restock felt quite intense, even the breeze seemed to heat you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment