A runners perspective


I hope this blog is of use/interest to walkers, runners and cyclists living in or intending to visit Scotland. Most of my entries below are described as long-distance runs - just because that's currently what I enjoy doing...

Sunday 18 June 2023

CW-LE: Hawes

A bit cooler, sky looking moody, much more pleasant for walking, actually felt too cold by the time I got up to Tan Hill Inn, England's highest pub, where I kept with my own tradition of having 3 pints of Black Sheep whilst watching the WHW race unfold via the trackers website.  When I looked earlier this morning I could see it must be warm up there...

No signal at Keld so I had a wee dram (thanks Lucy) roughly when I guessed my mate would be finishing then slept well as rain came down.

Short "rest" day over Great Shunner Fell to Hawes, only about 11 or 12 miles.  Rain happening around, but I only got a brief splattering!

Enjoyed a very mellow pace, forecast looks iffy for overnight so managed to book myself into Hawes YHA, thunderstorms-a-brewing.

Good to revisit the "Dreen Gragon" pub at Hardraw after Great Shunner Fell. 
Energy levels very low today - in a good way.  5 weeks into the walk now, each day has its own personality, all good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment