A runners perspective


I hope this blog is of use/interest to walkers, runners and cyclists living in or intending to visit Scotland. Most of my entries below are described as long-distance runs - just because that's currently what I enjoy doing...

Wednesday 21 June 2023

CW-LE: The Silent Inn, Ponden, Howarth

A lovely day's walk, never high up but very up-n-down, in a nice way (flat is boring).
High "cow factor" today, they were all fairly mellow, as was the bull.
The Hare and Hounds at Lothersdale was amazing, totally refurbished and spotless compared to when I passed thru 7 years ago.  Felt rude to walk by without supping a pint of Landlord in the beer garden with its lawn that I thought was astroturf until I looked closer.
Then onwards to Ikornshaw where I'd stayed 7 years ago, got a phonecall from mate Martin, the 10th place male WHW finisher, buzzing, was so good to hear from him and about how the day had been a dream ultra run full of emotion, joy, friends and camaraderie.  I didnt notice that I was climbing steeply up Ickornshaw moor during and after that call!
Arrived at The Silent Inn (originally called "The Eagle Inn" but possibly renamed as a result of Bonnie Prince Charlie staying on his retreat to Scotland and the locals staying silent).
Staying here tonight, loads of veggie options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment