A runners perspective


I hope this blog is of use/interest to walkers, runners and cyclists living in or intending to visit Scotland. Most of my entries below are described as long-distance runs - just because that's currently what I enjoy doing...

Wednesday 12 July 2023

CW-LE: Quantock Hills

Was grateful for the company of Andy who walked 64 miles over 3 days with me!  And Sarah & Bella whilst in Bristol, much appreciated.  Lost my walking poles - had a fair idea where I probably left them.  Andy said "need to walk the dog anyway we can go look up there if you like".  We found them folded up near Severn Beach.  Result!
Andy joined me on the walk to Clevedon where I stayed Sunday.
We arrived to the pub just as a downpour started.  
Next day I followed the "Strawberry Line" down to the Mendips then followed Mendip Trail West to Brean, then on to B&B.  Weather iffy.
Then onwards through Somerset by beach to Burnham.
Lots of interactions with cows today - had to use poles on 3 occasions to get young bullock, then whole field's herd that surrounded me (think stubbornness overcame fear and poles put to use).  Then on road a herd came towards me but they were being driven for TB test!
Lots of industrial walking through Bridgwater, finally escaping back to peaceful country lanes beneath Quantock Hills where I camped for night.
Then a brighter and overdue-shorter day over Quantock ridge to White Horse Inn, chill out time.  Fantastic place.

No comments:

Post a Comment