A runners perspective


I hope this blog is of use/interest to walkers, runners and cyclists living in or intending to visit Scotland. Most of my entries below are described as long-distance runs - just because that's currently what I enjoy doing...

Friday 26 May 2023

CW-LE: Arrived at Cluanie Inn

Sorry for lack of pics, just using this blog to post progress updates for those interested (or worried!).  After walking to Strathcarron on Wednesday with fine views of the Torridon Mountains from high up the Southern side of the glen, and via Bealach Ban, Thursday was another settled day weather and mind wise!  Walked East to Loch Calavie then South past Maol Bhuidhe bothy to Glen Elchaig, then at Carnach turned South up a steep trail by a fab waterfall (not the falls of glomach but further east), kept walking into early evening until I found a campspot.  Fairly high up at 400m but the wind disappeared and still no midgies!  One of the most peaceful nights so far.  That long day meant a short/moderate 14miles down to Glen Affric then South over a gentle but swampy pass to Cluanie Inn where I'm staying tonight (if they let me 😆).

No comments:

Post a Comment