A runners perspective


I hope this blog is of use/interest to walkers, runners and cyclists living in or intending to visit Scotland. Most of my entries below are described as long-distance runs - just because that's currently what I enjoy doing...

Tuesday 23 May 2023

CW-LE: at Kinlochewe

Set off Monday (yesterday) from where I left of at Inverlael, over Dundonnel Peninsula to Corrie Hallie by An Teallach (no i wasn't "bagging" that, did that with four mates and a hangover about 25 years ago), missed the path to Shenavall Bothy but got there eventually via the Strath, then new territory for me again heading SW around Beinn Dearg along an awesome stalkers' path over to Carnmore Cottage where I camped with. a nice view over Dubh Loch.  Woken up 3am by snipes drunming their wings near the tent.

Head photo in last proper blog post before CW-LE shows exactly where I was.

Today walked South over pass to Letterewe then what felt like a very long walk down Loch maree (was pretty, but I was tired) then on to Kinlochewe, arriving 2.30pm, buying a pile of junk food from shop, pitching tent at campsite, shower then hotel for local ales ( 3 course meal) all good.

Tomorrow heading to Strathcarron, hopefully can pitch-up there.  Plan to start heading a bit more East from there...

No comments:

Post a Comment